WhatsApp Messenger, or simply WhatsApp, is an American freeware messaging platform service owned by Facebook. It allows users to send and receive Text messages, voice messages, voice calls, video calls and share images, documents, user locations, and other media files. The runs on Mobile Phones with internet connection but is also accessible from desktop computers with WhatsApp Web feature, as long as the user’s mobile device remains connected to the Internet while they use the WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp Web feature allows us to send and receive WhatsApp messages online on our Desktop PC or Tablet. WhatsApp Web is the browser-based PC version of WhatsApp messenger. It is not a different account but the same account on a web browser and you are simply accessing the same account on different devices in accordance with your convenience.
WhatsApp Web version has the same functionalities as the mobile phone and you can instantly send and receive messages faster than the mobile version. As both accounts are synced you can see the messages on both of the devices. Any message that you send via Web will also be available on WhatsApp mobile app. WhatsApp is available for almost all of Android and iOS Smartphones.
How to use WhatsApp Web on PC and Tablet?
Using WhatsApp Web is a simple task, but for some people who have no idea about how it works may find it a bit hard. You can follow this quick guidelines to learn how to use WhatsApp Web on PC and Tablet. Keep in your mind that your mobile phone needs to be actively connected to the internet and charged (battery) for WhatsApp Web to work.
- Open WhatsApp on your mobile device (any OS mobile).
- Tap on the Settings Icon of app and open WhatsApp Web.
- Now, open web.whatsapp.com on a web browser on your PC or Tablet.
- Scan the on-screen QR Code on screen of PC/Tablet using the WhatsApp Scanner from your mobile phone.
- As you scan the QR Code, your WhatsApp account will be now accessible through your PC/Tablet.
- All the messages will be synced across to PC account and anything that you do in one device will be applicable to both.
How to logout from WhatsApp Web on PC?
Once you are done using WhatsApp Web, you may want to logout from the PC because it is not safe to have your WhatsApp Account opened on the PC/Tablet when you are not using it. You can follow this guidelines to learn how to logout from WhatsApp Web.
- Open WhatsApp on your mobile device (any OS mobile).
- Tap on the Settings Icon (gear icon at the bottom-right side of the screen on your mobile)
- Tap on WhatsApp Web/Desktop on the screen.
- It will show all the active devices there. Tap on Log out from the necessary device.
- Confirm it by tapping on Log Out.
- You have now logged out from all the active sessions of the selected device.
Alternatively you can directly logout from PC/Tablet by simply clicking on Menu icon (3 dots at the upper-left side of the screen) and Log out.
How to use your WhatsApp account on PC without opening WhatsApp Web.
WhatsApp Web feature is aimed to help us to access our WhatsApp account on PC/Laptop via web browser. However, there’s another option to use WhatsApp from your desktop without a browser by downloading the platform via the Apple App Store for Mac Users or the Microsoft Store for windows users. one must note that WhatsApp account can only be installed on Windows system if the operating system is Windows 8.1 (or higher) or Mac OSX 10.9 (or newer). Here is how you can download WhatsApp
To install on Windows Systems.
- Open any internet browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge etc. on your PC
- Copy and paste this URL – https://www.whatsapp.com/download on the browser.
- From here, click on download for Windows (64-Bit) and Once the download is finished, open WhatsApp.exe
- Wait for WhatsApp application to install on your computer.
- Once the install is complete, you will see a QR code on the screen of your Windows system.
- Open WhatsApp on your Mobile phone and go to WhatsApp Web.
- Scan the QR code on system to login
To install on Mac systems
- Open any internet browser such as Google chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge on your PC.
- Copy and paste this URL https://www.whatsapp.com/download on the browse.
- From here, click on Download option
and once the download is complete, open the zip file to run WhatsApp application.
- On installing, the application will prompt if you would like to add WhatsApp application to your Applications folder and your desktop dock.
- When the install is complete, launch WhatsApp on your computer and scan the QR code from your Mobile device to log in.
- Alternatively, you can download and install it via the Apple App Store directly
WhatsApp Web: How to edit app profile
To edit your personal details such as your name, profile photo and about of your WhatsApp account in WhatsApp Web, follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp Web on your PC/Tablet’s browser or open the desktop app.
- Click your profile icon at the top left. To change your profile photo from your PC, click on your profile photo if you have set one already > click on Upload photo or Take photo in accordance to your will.
- Below your display picture, you can see your name. Click the pencil icon to edit.
- Similarly, below your account name you’ll see About option. Click the pencil icon to edit.
- Unfortunately, you don’t have the option to post WhatsApp Status from Web version. However, you can still check your contact’s status stories from WhatsApp web. To do that click on the Status icon, next to your profile picture > now click on any contact to view their status.
Other options to activate Dark Mode
Download app from IOS
Download app from Android